Job Title: Release Manager
Location: One Belmont Plaza, Suite 200, Bala Cynwyd, PA. 19004
Company Profile: InvestEdge is a leading provider of innovative advisor solutions to banks, registered investment advisors, family offices, and brokerage firms. Through a patented data unification process, supported by an integrated wealth management platform, InvestEdge simplifies complex wealth management operations and automates key front-office functions including portfolio management, performance measurement, client communications and reporting, compliance monitoring, trade automation, data aggregation, and client portal solutions.
Release Manager Summary:
The Release Manager owns the Release Management lifecycle which includes scheduling, coordinating, and the management of releases across the InvestEdge platform. The releases can be inclusive of major version upgrades, bug fix maintenances, patches, hotfixes, security improvements, and other release related project/program initiatives. You’ll provide best practices, processes, and release governance to help the organization manage and deploy releases into all environments. The Release Manager works collaboratively with all participants in software development teams and is supportive of architects, developers, analysts, and testers as their work progresses throughout different environments. You’ll serve as a bridge from Client Services to the Development team by triaging and funneling change requests made by the business and transform them into actionable release plans, and by providing the groups with accurate communication around all release plans and activities. This position also works with IT management to improve software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
You are a person who is energized by working with people from different teams and backgrounds. You take initiative on all matters and hold team members accountable for ensuring the quality delivery of your releases. You thrive on bringing order and predictability to releases. You look for continuous improvement.
- Plan, negotiate, and manage all core and custom application release-related activities, including hotfixes, patches, maintenance releases, and major version upgrades.
- Coordinate and publish deployment & release schedules with technology, support, product, and client service groups.
- Ensure that issues, dependencies, and risks are identified, understood, and resolved in a manner that mitigates risk to release scope & schedules.
- Supervise the Deployment Developer, who is responsible for the operational activities related to creating builds and executing releases using application release automation tools.
- Lead and coordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Coordinate weekend production release validation and approval.
- Create key metrics and identify opportunities to make tactical improvements to the release management process.
- Research new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyze their application to current configuration management needs.
- Ensure that release notes are published on schedule by the Technical Writer.
- Maintain repository & documentation of all release-related processes.
- 2-5 years of previous release management experience required.
- 2-5 years of previous project management experience preferred (formal project management training in PMP or CSM is a plus).
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle.
- Familiarity with agile frameworks.
- Advanced knowledge of version control and change management processes.
- Be available to work alternative schedule (some weekends) in order to support release and deployment functions.
- Proficient in JIRA and Atlassian products.
- Experience with SVN a plus.
- Experience with BuildMaster a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills.
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
We offer an unbeatable benefit package including flexible-work schedules, excellent potential for annual merit bonuses, medical and dental coverage, and vision-care, corporate fitness challenges, 401K with generous employer matching contributions and vesting periods. We encourage, join-in, and support our employees to participate in corporate sponsored and personal charitable and professional organizations, and we place a major emphasis on your work-life balance! And, much more!
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.